Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Shipping beaulieus

  1. #1
    Vurfer
    Guest Vurfer's Avatar

    Post

    Hi,
    a question on how to ship Beaulieu cameras:
    As the camera has a removable lens would you recommend removing the lens before shipment?
    I've heard of the camera body on a video camera being damaged after uncareful transportation.

    The guy I'm buying a Beaulieu from says that the original Beaulieu box he has is designed so that the camera will fit in it with the lens on. So presumably that's how they were originally shipped?

    If you take the lens off, how would you protect the rear lens element and the inside of the camera (presuming the lens and camera caps aren't there anymore, which I assume)?

    thanks in advance
    Daniel Plappert

  2. #2
    leesnedaker
    Guest leesnedaker's Avatar

    Red face

    Ship it with the LENS on IT! Make the guy wrap it in bubble wrap and plant it in peanuts. Remember this is your BABY. Its like your camera wife just gave birth and you want to take every precaution you can!!!

    ------------------

  3. #3
    MikeBrantley
    Guest MikeBrantley's Avatar

    Post

    I'm not certain whether you should leave the lens on when shipping, but definitely ship it in a box within an outer box. Use lots of bubblewrap and peanuts, AND INSURE THE CAMERA FOR ENOUGH MONEY to repair or replace it if damaged.

    I just paid a very large repair bill to get my 4008ZM2 repaired after FedEx dropped it. I thought I packed it well for shipping -- but not well enough for the rough handling it got from FedEx.

    My camera is repaired and on its way back to me now. Hope I can find the batteries before it gets here, because my repair guy says I didn't send him any batteries.

    ------------------
    --Mike Brantley

  4. #4
    #Pedro
    Guest #Pedro's Avatar

    Post

    Ship it definitively WITHOUT lens. All original Beaulieu boxes I know (and I have two 6008 boxes at home) are designed for separate placing of all camera components. One box I have takes ONLY the camera and battery, the lens has it?s own box. The other box I have takes both, but separatly.
    It?s even convienient to travel with lens off, when the conditions are rough (bad road etc.)
    Pedro

    ------------------

  5. #5
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    Remove the lens!
    There can be a certain amount of flexing during transport and it's just too much stress to put on the connection point where the body meets the lens.
    I don't have any specific rear cap for my lens, but I will just take a plastic cap that covers the element and tape it into place.

    ------------------
    PRM

  6. #6
    Vurfer
    Guest Vurfer's Avatar

    Hi all,
    thanks for all your answers. I've asked the seller to ship the camera with the lens seperated.

    Daniel

  7. #7
    MikeBrantley
    Guest MikeBrantley's Avatar

    Post

    Daniel,

    I forgot to add.... congratulations on your new camera. I'm certain you'll love it.

    My 4008ZM2 came back today. Everything looks good, but I can't test it yet because I can't find my charger and batteries. Argh! I wish I knew what I did with them. I sort of thought I had sent them in with the camera to be repaired, but my repair guy says he doesn't have him. I believe him, so I must have stashed them somewhere.

    One great thing about other cameras, like the Canons: They run on AA batteries!

    ------------------
    --Mike Brantley

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Harris521's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2023
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Shipping beaulieus

    Financial services encompass a broad range of economic activities provided by the finance industry, including banking, investment, insurance, and real estate. Clients seeking support for their financial accounts might visit links like https://mepco.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html to address issues, find solutions, or file complaints, ensuring their concerns are effectively managed. These services are essential for managing money, facilitating transactions, and supporting economic growth. Institutions such as banks, credit unions, investment firms, and insurance companies play a pivotal role in providing these services. For example, customer service is crucial in maintaining trust and satisfaction in financial services.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •